CURRENT OPENINGS LISTED BELOW:
STAGE MANAGER (FULL-TIME)
The Rochester Civic Theatre Company has an open position for an experienced and skilled Stage Manager.
Stage manager will provide practical and organizational support for all directors, actors, designers, stage crew and technicians throughout the production process. Stage Manager will manage all production volunteers, identifying and scheduling running crews as well as establish new procedures and protocols for Civic Theatre.
• To manage, train, and supervise the work of the Stage Management Team, to schedule working hours for all team members
• To record and monitor the hours worked by all actors and stage management. To provide payroll information in line with Equity Agreements to the Company Manager and to alert him/her of any significant overtime
• In consultation with the Technical Director, to liaise with the company, creative team and production departments to arrange calls and co-ordinate rehearsals including the running of all technical rehearsals
• Schedule and oversee all production meetings
• To Stage manage every performance, to arrange understudies as necessary and to undertake/supervise scene changes
• To liaise with Chaperones and Parents regarding children’s attendance
• To ensure the health and safety of the Company and to alert the senior management of any issues as they arise
• First responder to any work-related on-site injuries
• To maintain stage management offices, green room and other working areas to a satisfactory standard
• To collate show information, including prop sources, running plots etc., for archive purposes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Stage Management
• Previous experience as lead Stage Manager, preferably within a similar-sized venue or production company
• Up to date on technology, systems, and equipment to make recommendations as well as assist with digital light mixer, sound board, DMX LED fixtures, microphones, video
• Demonstrable ability to perform the duties listed above
• An organized yet flexible approach and calm under pressure
• Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team and under your own initiative
• Ability to be creative and resourceful in problem solving
• Proven ability to work within allocated budgets
• Working knowledge of all union agreements
• Awareness and experience of health and safety legislation and practice
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Full-Time)
Technical Assistant will assist with creation of scenery, stage elements and props for live theatre productions utilizing various materials. This position will also include assistance with construction of scenic painting, rigging, scene shop maintenance, and working with and instructing volunteers. The Technical Assistant may also assist with building/facility maintenance and performances.
- To construct scenic elements as determined by the Scene Shop Foreman.
- To use and maintain proper safety practices
- To maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Bring safety concerns to the attention of the Scene Shop Foreman or Technical Director
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Assist in maintaining tools and scene shop
- Assist in maintaining onstage and back stage areas
- To ensure the health and safety of the Company and to alert the senior management of any issues as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical theatre
- Previous experience in a scene shop
- Ability to build from scaled drawings
- Safe and proper use of scene shop tools, saws, drills, etc.
- Knowledge of current technology including lighting fixtures, lighting systems, rigging systems, sound recording and mixing, microphones, video projection, etc.
- Organizational skills, yet flexibility
- Maintain a calm demeanor during stressful situations
- Work as a member of a team
- Ability to be creative and resourceful in problem solving
- Ability to work on ladders, lifts and in catwalks
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Awareness and experience of health and safety legislation and practice
Background checks will be completed
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Rochester Civic Theatre Company Technical Director: email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
The Rochester Civic Theatre Company is southeastern Minnesota’s premier producer and presenter of professional and community theater, live music, and dance. Established in 1951, the Civic has matured into an award-winning, multidisciplinary theater and performing arts resource for the City of Rochester and the entire Southeast Minnesota tri-state area. Rochester Civic Theatre Company performances feature local, national, and international artists. Additionally, the Theatre’s education department provides classes, advanced training, and performance opportunities for actors of all ages.
We celebrate and build upon our interdependence with our community and are committed to demonstrating generosity-of-spirit in all our work and to each of our 45,000 annual audience members and students.
Rochester Civic Theatre Company will consider all qualified applicants equally regardless of marital status, gender, sexuality, disability, age, color, race, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins.